Change the World Camp Outcomes
Our purpose at camp is to create an environment where campers can experience Growth, Learning, and Fun. We organize each day at camp around achieving these outcomes as we go through the stages of the camper-driven community service project.
1. Participants will come away believing that they are capable of making a meaningful difference in their world.
- Campers will identify issues about which they are interested in learning and making a contribution.
- Campers will work as a team to DESIGN a project that they will DO together and CHANGE the world.
- Campers will have skilled counselor mentors on their project teams helping to guide the process while the campers take ownership of the project.
2. Participants will practice and gain 21st Century learning skills such as communication, creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration.
- Campers will learn Stanford d.School Design Thinking Methodology and work as a group to apply it to their project.
- Campers will be exposed to the Experiential Learning Cycle model to promote active learning and project completion.
- Campers will become more prepared to thrive in the 21st century by actively practicing the “4 C’s” every day.
3. Participants will have a blast, make friends, and complete a project!
- Camp and learning are both supposed to be fun, so we’ll make sure that this week of camp stays that way!